The African vocal diva, Micheline Ewang is a born and raised Cameroon songwriter and singer now based in Washington Dc USA. Her music is a subtle blend of African roots, jazz, and gospel, along with the modern feeling of acoustic soul music, which she mostly composes herself.
She had the opportunity to take part in a wider array of cultural activities, immersing herself thoroughly in both Cameroon and Afro-American scenes.
The 2000s saw her working as a singer, storytelling writer, dancer in a popular multicultural group, in Douala, a dance festival producer including collaboration with the French Cultural Center (Douala), Maison Des Jeunes et de la Culture, Balmayo Cameroon.
After moving to the US in 2008, she devoted more time expanding her African music beyond the Cameroonian concepts to which she was accustomed. Survivor of domestic violence, Micheline decided to give more meaning to her music, by traveling to different countries like Guinea Conakry invited by the first lady, Morocco under the patronage of the king, Australia, Paris for the Rotary club, etc., Also In dc, she performed for many festivals Like the Lily Festival, Art soiree, Taste of Africa, Cameroon, etc.
Her encounter with the group Akoma drummers Washington DC will mark the debut of an artistic career by becoming the Lead singer of the band, leading to the ability to record a full album Dissongo. She performed twice at Strathmore for the anniversary of Martin Luther Jr, The freedom fighter.
Micheline is a believer in love, in humans, in dance, and in the future. she sings with sincerity; her lyrics are strongly inspired by everyday life.
Taste of Africa June 30thPanafeast Festival Sep 2013
- ACCDF (All Cameroonians Festivals) October 2013
- Martin Luther King celebration January 20th Strathmore
Bethesda MD - World Music at the Best with Armand Ntep Feb 19th Bethesda MD
- Cameroon's Youth Day and African American Youth Black History CELEBRATION Fev 19th Washington Dc
- Château auvers sur oise paris
- King palace in Morocco
-Guinnee konakry for Africa Femme performante hosted by Alpha Condé
-Twice in Congo hosted by olive Kabila
- Cameroon in collaboration with the pygmies and symphony (classic)
- Mali, Congo Brazza, and many other African countries with her project of healing through art under her Micheline Ewang Foundation
September 2021 at the 4th Annual Award African festival PG County
- Album released life's performance with Henri Dikongue and Samy Diko
- March 29th MD Collabo with symphony orchestra the USA. Collaboration with the pygmies of Baka Cameroon.
Micheline Maynard Ewang Official